- Students and faculty with Windows 10 are strongly recommended to only use Chrome or Firefox until Microsoft Edge is fully supported.
- All current students have been enrolled in the new Student Orientation Course in Blackboard. This is a free, optional resource for all students that can be completed on your own schedule. You can complete the entire course in about an hour, or refer to only the sections you need as a refresher.
If you have any questions about the Student Orientation Course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 515-3705.
- Blackboard Maintenance Window: Fridays, 2:00-5:00 a.m. EST. Blackboard may not be available during this time.
TECH NEWS & UPDATES
- Taking Tests with Mobile Devices -- Charter Oak strongly discourages students from taking quizzes and tests or submitting course work through Blackboard using a mobile or handheld device (iPad, smartphone, etc.). Tech Support offers this and other helpful tips in this article on successful test-taking in Blackboard.
- Technical Support Center is available 7 days a week, 12 hours a day to help you log into Blackboard®, Webmail, ACORN, and other Charter Oak systems.
- Web Browsers and Blackboard -- Since Mozilla.org has moved to a rapid-release upgrade schedule for its Firefox web browser, Blackboard users who use the latest versions of Firefox may experience issues. Contact Technical Support for details.