Attention All Students:
All current students have been enrolled in the new Student Orientation Course in Blackboard. This is a free, optional resource for all students that can be completed on your own schedule. You can complete the entire course in about an hour, or refer to only the sections you need as a refresher.
If you have any questions about the Student Orientation Course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 515-3705.
- Course Registration for Fall 2014 is Open: Students may view the fall course offerings and register through ACORN. Also, students may view course syllabi on our Syllabus Search and order their course materials through our bookstore. Reminder: Matriculated students must contact their Academic Advisors prior to registering in order to be cleared to register for courses.
- Blackboard Maintenance Window: Fridays, 2:00-5:00 a.m. EST. Blackboard may not be available during this time.
- TECH NEWS & UPDATES
- Taking Tests with Mobile Devices -- Charter Oak strongly discourages students from taking quizzes and tests or submitting course work through Blackboard using a mobile or handheld device (iPad, smartphone, etc.). Tech Support offers this and other helpful tips in this article on successful test-taking in Blackboard.
- Technical Support Center is available 7 days a week, 12 hours a day to help you log into Blackboard®, Webmail, ACORN, and other Charter Oak systems.
- Web Browsers and Blackboard -- Since Mozilla.org has moved to a rapid-release upgrade schedule for its Firefox web browser, Blackboard users who use the latest versions of Firefox may experience issues. Contact Technical Support for details.